Kitschy and Retro at the Beach!

retro kitschy swim
Nathalie-Beach-48
Nathalie-Beach-46
retro print mixing at the beachNathalie-Beach-39Nathalie-Beach-38
Nathalie-Beach-44
houndstooth and watermelon
Nathalie-Beach-42
Nathalie-Beach-41

Top: Target (at least 6 years old!) // Bottom: American Apparel // Shoes: Steve Madden via TJ Maxx (super old) // Bag: TJ Maxx // Sunglasses: Poshmark // Lipstick: Sephora lip stain as base + Revlon Candy Apple over it
Hi guys! So this is the last look from my swim shoot with Gen (other two here and here). I love any chance to get all kitchy and retro, especially at the beach. It's just so fun and playful-- totally feels like you're in a 60's beach flick, you know? Haha. I really loved this houndstooth + watermelon print mix, too. They're totally different prints but together they make for a quirky, retro beach look. My one regret in this outfit shoot was forgetting to add my dainty flamingo necklace! I mean, it doesn't get any more retro and kitschy than a flamingo! I remembered to wear it for the one-piece look but totally forgot about it for this outfit.

So that's it for the swim looks for this year, too! I thought I'd be going to the beach more often, given how much I went in the spring, but turns out we have this lovely flesh-eating bacteria thing going on right now that 10 people have died from. So I stopped going. Not interested in the risk. It took so much self-control not to go into the water that day! And now it's August, which only means one thing: JELLYFISH SEASON IS UPON US. So yeah, no more swim looks for me until 2016!

Thanks for visiting, everyone!
Hope you enjoyed this fun little number. :)

Follow along:

4 comments

  1. you look so fab, like a pin-up girl. I have this exact same bottom.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachelle! 😊😙😙
      Isn't it the best? Definitely a statement piece!

      Delete
  2. OMGSH WATERMELON HIGH WAISTED BOTTOMS!!!
    I'm in love. Haha, you look fantastic girl!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infected Mushroom Manipulator Mac Crack is a unique granular algorithm that can dramatically change the pitch and pitch of monophonic audio in new and unexplored ways. The manipulator is as versatile as it is creative. It offers subtle treble and harmonization with a complete absence of sound, giving you a whole new sound.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)