Kitschy and Retro at the Beach!

retro kitschy swim
Nathalie-Beach-48
Nathalie-Beach-46
retro print mixing at the beachNathalie-Beach-39Nathalie-Beach-38
Nathalie-Beach-44
houndstooth and watermelon
Nathalie-Beach-42
Nathalie-Beach-41

Top: Target (at least 6 years old!) // Bottom: American Apparel // Shoes: Steve Madden via TJ Maxx (super old) // Bag: TJ Maxx // Sunglasses: Poshmark // Lipstick: Sephora lip stain as base + Revlon Candy Apple over it
Hi guys! So this is the last look from my swim shoot with Gen (other two here and here). I love any chance to get all kitchy and retro, especially at the beach. It's just so fun and playful-- totally feels like you're in a 60's beach flick, you know? Haha. I really loved this houndstooth + watermelon print mix, too. They're totally different prints but together they make for a quirky, retro beach look. My one regret in this outfit shoot was forgetting to add my dainty flamingo necklace! I mean, it doesn't get any more retro and kitschy than a flamingo! I remembered to wear it for the one-piece look but totally forgot about it for this outfit.

So that's it for the swim looks for this year, too! I thought I'd be going to the beach more often, given how much I went in the spring, but turns out we have this lovely flesh-eating bacteria thing going on right now that 10 people have died from. So I stopped going. Not interested in the risk. It took so much self-control not to go into the water that day! And now it's August, which only means one thing: JELLYFISH SEASON IS UPON US. So yeah, no more swim looks for me until 2016!

Thanks for visiting, everyone!
Hope you enjoyed this fun little number. :)

Follow along: