Curly and Curvy: Body Positive at the Beach

Nathalie - Janisel Rosenthal Photography- June 2016 -18

New blog design, new outfit post! My first one since the 4th of July.
And it's a long one, because my portrait and event photographer friend Janisel Rosenthal took so. many. great. photos. I really couldn't narrow it down more than this!

We took these photos on a beautiful, hot summer day in June. I had meant to actually style my hair the  night before but got home so late from work that day I had no energy left. So I went to bed with my hair soaking wet and this was the result the next day. Yay for good hair days!

This is probably one of my all-time favorite shoots that I've done because I just felt really comfortable, really in my element with my curly hair and sexy yet modest bathing suit combo. Janisel got plenty of natural shots as I walked or played with the water, so you will see some belly rolls popping out of my favorite high waisted bottom (see below). 



When I got the pictures back I felt really grateful for the curls in my hair and the curves on my body-- the same curls that I wanted to tame in middle school, the curves that I longed for in high school. To some, I may be "overweight" or a little "ethnic" looking (gasp!), but to me, in these photos and in this moment, I am 100% body positive. And that is a damn good feeling. 

❤️

  
Nathalie - Janisel Rosenthal Photography- June 2016 -33  

  

  
  
  
I'm wearing head to toe Victoria's Secret in this outfit so no use in itemizing everything. Except my hoops, which are from my high school days, no idea where from.

Linked up: How I Summer // Hello Monday // Trend Spin // Style Sessions // Flashback Friday