Escape Miami 2

This was my first year attending (and participating in) a Swim Week event, and it was such a great experience! I wrote about the photo shoot and the event here earlier in July. Here are some highlights of the actual Escape Miami 2 event. Huge thank you to Annie (aka The Fashion Poet) for inviting me to be a part of it!

French Connection floral dress
Escape Miami 2 bloggers
National Hotel Escape Miami beach balls
Images via @ohmynessa on Instagram

Earnestyle Miami Style Blog
The moment I found my picture strung along in this row of amazing Miami bloggers!
Miami Swim Week 2014_Escape Miami 2

Let me tell you, the models in the show had meat on them. I was pleasantly surprised to see some jiggle. These are the only two good shots I was able to get, but trust me when I say that for the most part they were very authentic and representative of Miami.

DSC_0475.
Italia Independent sunnies. Love those yellow ones!
Gissi Jimenez Escape Miami 2 sketch

Sketch by the wonderful Gissi Jimenez, aka the Architect of Style. She's an architect, a fashion illustrator, a style blogger, an identical twin, and a super nice person! This girl had a big line waiting for her, and she hadn't eaten in a while, and it was HOT. Yet she never lost her cool (no pun intended) or her desire to make pleasant conversation. I admire that.

Architect of Style fashion sketches
Nathy F. Earnestyle
French Connection floral watercolor dress

As for what I wore, I was torn between two dresses, both of which I bought at Consign of the Times on Sunset and 57th the day before! I don't recommend ever doing that, but it worked out for me. 

I love the busy floral watercolor print of this lovely French Connection dress. It looks great without the belt too-- very flowy. I wish I had taken more pictures before my hair fell flat with the Miami humidity. It had some great Farah Fawcett waves that complemented the 70's feel of the dress. Also I look so tired in these full-body pictures, because I was. Lol.

Outfit details
Dress: French Connection via Consign of the Times (similar below)
Shoes: BCBGeneration (old)
Bag: Michael Kors (gifted; old)
Earrings: c/o Benevolent Jewels (old)

SHOP SIMILAR: