Aix-En-Provence et Marseille

Aujourd'hui, je vous présente ma journée à Aix-en-Provence et Marseille. 💙

Maison Jules Sleeveless Printed Midi Dress

Our cruise stopped in Toulon, France but we opted to take the Aix-en-Provence and Marseille tour. There were also options for Nice or St. Tropez. I had never been to the south of France and I am a huge Francophile so I would have loved any and all of these places. But this excursion was not my favorite because it left us such little time in beautiful Marseille.

These outfit photos were taken atop the Notre Dame de la Garde. It is SO windy up there! Marseille in general is apparently infamous for its winds. I feel like I should have known that as a huge Francophile but I did not! This was in May so I went for this Maison Jules blue floral print dress which photographed well but I kept flashing everyone the whole time. There's strong breeze down below but up at the top of Marseille it is seriously gusty.

As with my previous travel posts, I begin with the outfit photos and details and then show you some of my favorite photos and moments. 

what I wore to marseille, south of france in the springwhat to wear to France in the spring
floral spring dress France
Marseille from the Notre Dame de la Garde
Marseille spring outfit

Dress: Maison Jules via Macy's // Cardigan: Jeanne Pierre, Macy's // Sandals: Steve Madden // Wedges: BC Footwear // Backpack: Target (similar now $8.98!) // Fitbit Charge HR: Target // Bracelets: Candles & Confetti bangles, Maria Shireen hair tie bracelet// Earrings: LOFT

Dress is sold out out -- below are alternative prints of the same dress.

(click view the complete post to read and see more!)
AIX-EN-PROVENCE

DSC_0738
Ancieno Carriero dei Salin - provencal language  DSC_0740
DSC_0748
DSC_0755  St. Nicholas hanging out in the corner of a building. Back in the day it was considered this was considered to offer protection.
Aix-en-Provence mansion
Aix-en-Provence style house
DSC_0788
I started out with wedges but then switched to sandals in Marseille, then back to wedges on the ship.
DSC_0792
PicMonkey Photo
aix-en-provence street style  DSC_0819
DSC_0806DSC_0809
DSC_0823
Old way of baking delicious, delicious bread. The croissants were good too. At it all up before I could take a picture.
DSC_0826
Aix-en-Provence door
DSC_0797
DSC_0839
DSC_0794
DSC_0846
DSC_0849
"Oh let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France..." - Ingrid Michaelson
MARSEILLE

Notre Dame de la GardeNotre Dame de la Garde facade
Notre Dame de la Garde
Notre Dame de la Garde
view of Marseille from the Notre Dame de la Garde
Marseille tenue
view of Marseille from the Notre Dame de la GardeMarseille outfit
view of Marseille from the Notre Dame de la GardeMarseille view from Notre Dame de la Garde
Marseille from the Notre Dame de la Garde

Marseille was SO BEAUTIFUL but sadly our excursion was not very good. Our tour guide was nice enough but the tour itself spends too much time in Aix-en-Provence compared to Marseille. All we were able to do here was visit the beautifully ornate Notre Dame de la Garde basilica and see some of the city from the bus.

Notre Dame de la Garde interiorNotre Dame de la Garde Neo-Byzantine style
ornate Notre dame de la Garde interiorNotre dame de la Garde  Neo-Byzantine Notre Dame de la Garde - marble, stripes, gold
Notre Dame de la Garde ceiling
Notre Dame de la Garde interior
Notre Dame de la Garde

TOULON - BACK ON THE SHIP

Marseille spring outfit
Norwegian Spirit leaving Toulon, France
Maison Jules Sleeveless Printed Midi Dress // france mediterranean cruise outfit
maison jules dress
Mediterranean cruise what to wear
Mediterranean cruise outfit
Earnestyle: Aix-en-Provence et Marseille
PicMonkey Photo
PicMonkey Photo
PicMonkey Photo

Toulon winds + cruise leaving the port = very crazy hair!
I thought my eyelashes were all going to fly away.

DSC_0970
Besties since 2nd grade. ðŸ’™
DSC_0971
DSC_0973PicMonkey PhotoPicMonkey PhotoPicMonkey Photo

Dress: Maison Jules via Macy's // Cardigan: Jeanne Pierre, Macy's // Sandals: Steve Madden // Wedges: BC Footwear // Backpack: Target (similar now $8.98!) // Fitbit Charge HRTarget // BraceletsCandles & Confetti banglesMaria Shireen hair tie bracelet, Asos heart bracelet // Earrings: LOFT

Dress is sold out out -- below are alternative prints of the same dress.


1474510976050
My Fitbit Charge HR was a must for me wherever I went. This was my step count at the end of the day in Marseille when we got back on the bus to return to the ship. At my highest it was over 20,000 steps! In Venice. I bet my Fitbit won't see that number again for a long, long time. Lol

My Maria Shireen hair tie bracelet was also a must -- so convenient and so stylish.
And that's all for now, folks! Idk why it took me so long to put this post together. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was binge-watching The Office. So sad I finished it!!

Next up is either Athens or Rome, or maybe Pompeii. Haven't decided yet. This cruise was in May so I'm trying to organize all the posts from most spring ---> most fall since the blogosphere is officially all about fall now!

Linked up:
Weekend Wear // How I Fall // Hello Monday // City Tripping

1 comment

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)