Prim and Proper



This outfit is pretty special to me. I wore it to visit my former students at the high school where I "served" for a year with City Year. I wore many hats during my time there (mainly tutor and behavioral mentor for non-English speakers), and I loved (almost) every single minute of it. It was so hard for me to leave the world of education to start grad school

So in the first week of March, it was time for the CELLA, the big annual test that determines in which ESOL level a student will be placed the following year. My students' teacher invited me to give a small pep talk on the importance of the test and to boost their spirits. They had no idea I was coming. So I get there, and all 96 of my students, plus and minus some more, were in the same room! It had been a while since I had seen them, and the sheer number of them, so excited to be seeing me again, caught me off guard. I, Miss Fleitas (oops, I gave my last name away), felt like a deer in headlights.

Anyway, the talk went well, and I was overjoyed to see how far they've come. I actually wore a black blazer instead of this one, because I felt it was more appropriate. However, for this post, I couldn't help but switch to this fabulous blazer from my mom's closet. :)

DSC_0445
What strange and beautiful flowers!
DSC_0440edited
Look closely... Do you see what I did?
My mom gave me this lovely floral necklace (and the earrings as well) for Christmas. The first time I wore it, one of the petals came off! I was so upset! But I thought filling it in with Essie's Marshmallow nail polish might do the trick. Can you tell which one it is?


Please pardon the bad image quality in this post. It was an off day for me, for my camera and for my mom!

Top: Nordstrom bp (old)
Blazer: from my mom's closet!
Pants: LOFT (got them on final sale in-store)
Heels: Rampage (old)
Purse: vintage (formerly my mom's)
Necklace: The Limited

[Edited 3/29/13]

I'm trying out this "top three of the month" link-up:
Fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com