Youth Fair Outfit

13136586735_5ea79c00e7_c
DSC_0198
As a kid in Miami the highlight of your March is going to the the Youth Fair, aka The Fair, aka Miami-Dade County Fair and Expo. It has a lot of names. 

You can say The Fair is quite repetitive, with very little changing year to year. But it's a classic Miamian pastime, and one that Nestor and I participate in every year. We don't go for the rides, the circus or petting zoo, the performances, the expositions-- we go solely for the food. The delicious, artery-clogging, overpriced fair food. 

Our favorites: corn on the cob dipped in butter and topped with salt, and the yummy chicken gyros across from where the Double Looper used to be (for any of you Miamians-- they have the BEST gyros in the fair).
ducks
duck and hat bill
Having a bill to bill conversation.
bunny
Velvet bunny!
Daredevils
Daredevils
Chocolate dipped ice cream cone

That ice cream cone took me so long to eat! Haha.

As for my outfit, I always like to dress like spring for the fair. 
The nostalgic vintage-lover in me would love to dress like Allie from The Notebook in those scenes where she meets Noah, or like the Downton Abbey women when they had that amusement park thing. But alas, it's 2014 in Miami. Little feminine details like an adorable colorful scarf and cute spring wedges will have to do!

P.S. I took these photos with my phone, not my Nikon.


Top: J. Crew (available here)
Scarf: c/o Benevolent Jewels (old)
Jeans: Macy's
Wedges: Nordstrom Rack
Bracelets: Jewelmint and JustFab
Watch: Fossil (similar)


15 comments

  1. Ahh these photos totally captured the spirit of a fair! Looks like sooooo much fun ^^
    Haha, and yes, I know, if only we could all look like fabulous Allie from The Notebook for fairs. That would be awesome!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are so fun and make me want to go to a fair.

    xo
    ​PinkSole​

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is very cute and the ice cream, of course, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend in Miami that invited me to the fair, and these pictures and the ice cream might just be my motivation, can they add rice crispy to the ice cream? (it totally looks like one I used to eat in Colombia)

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute fair outfit! I want ice cream!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was so yummy. I wouldn't mind another one!

      Delete
  6. love the bright scarf! so dang fun and that ice cream cone looks amazing!!!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that scarf! And now I totally want some ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! It's perfect for the fair :) I like your scarf.

    And fair food is usually something people think of as junk...but at the Sonoma Co. Fair, we actually have some decent food. That's the only reason why I'm going this year, too...LOL! I feel you, girl!

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fair looks like so much fun! It was probably so fun watching the daredevils! I absolutely love your bright scarf!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha....I'm glad I'm not the only person in the world going to events/concerts/cinema for FOOD. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great!! Awesome casual ensemble... will def go check this fair out over the weekend... tnx 4 sharing!
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. On https://admission-writer.com/blog/personal-statement-examples-for-college you can find info about writing your personal statement. It will help you to achieve success

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)