eShakti Review: Hot Pink Ponte Knit Dress


A few weeks ago eShakti invited me to choose one of their pieces and customize it, on them. This is the dress that I chose, and you guys... I'm so in love!

DSC_0928.


In case they're new to you, eShakti is an online clothing store that offers both style and fit customization for women sizes 0-36. Yep. 0-36. And for just $7.50, you can order a custom size using your own measurements, and you can change the item's sleeve type, neckline, and length. You can also remove pockets (although why would anyone ever wanna do that??) and even design overlays/embroidery. I had read a lot about eShakti through other blogs and I'd been curious to try it out for some time. So I was super excited when they contacted me offering to let me choose an item from their site to customize and review.

Ordering was very simple.
Step 1: Choose your size from 0-36, or enter a custom size.
Step 2: Enter your height.
Step 3: Enter your custom styling.

These pictures help you understand the different styling options and imagine what the finished product will look like.

custom styling

I made two modifications to the original design. The dress was already cute to begin with, but I knew I wanted a boat neck instead of the v-neck so I could wear pretty statement necklaces with it. I also shortened the dress from below knee length to above knee length. Below is a comparison of the before and after. I think it came out quite nicely, if I do say so myself!

eShakti Hot Pink V Neck Ponte Dress
DSC_0900.
DSC_0903.
DSC_0924
DSC_0896

These are my pros and cons specific to this dress and my experience with eShakti:

PROS
  1. Beautiful color, good-quality workmanship, and flattering fit overall. Fabric passes the "hand" test as it is quite thick, seams are sewn well, and the one zipper closes properly.
  2. Pockets! Deep ones! And they're hidden very well, so you can't even tell that they're there.
  3. The style and fit of the dress are versatile enough to wear to work or for a fancier occasion.
  4. Dress arrived 10 days after placing the order. That's pretty damn fast for a cut-to-order style coming from India.

CONS
  1. Dress came with extra room on the sides above the waist which produces unflattering wrinkling/ruching with movement. However, this might not have been an issue had I entered a custom sizing for my waist. I'm not very good at taking my own measurements, nor is anyone else I know, so I opted for a standard size 6. 
  2. Dress came in reasonably sized package, but it was very wrinkled along the bottom of the pleats when I took it out of the box. Because of the fabric type (mainly nylon/rayon), you can only iron on a low setting, which didn't do much for the wrinkles on this dress (though they're not exactly visible in the pictures). 

DSC_0926
Earnestyle.blogspot.com
Dress makes me wanna twirl.
DSC_0930.

As for this outfit, I wanted to create a colorful holiday look using the bright colors that you might find in a set for The Nutcracker. The green purse and Kate Spade necklace pop ever so perfectly against the radiant orchid color of the dress, and the sparkly heels add the perfect touch of holiday glam.

Most of the reviews I've read on eShakti are overwhelmingly positive, but there are some that are more mixed (like this one). As for me, I will definitely be ordering from eShakti in the near future. They offer super cute and feminine clothing and, though a bit pricey on some items, I wouldn't mind paying a little more because a) I admire their business model (you can read more about that here) and 2) I appreciate their contributions to the democratization of fashion and design. And to me, that's the kind of stuff that's worth paying for.

DSC_0938.

Dress: c/o eShakti
Bag: TJ Maxx
Necklace: Kate Spade (available on eBay here, here)
Gem bracelet: JewelMint (old) // Link bracelet: 80's vintage
Heels: ModCloth



P.S. Use code earnestyle before 12/19/14 for 10% off your eShakti order!


Linked up: How I Fall // Style Sessions



Update 12/18/14: This outfit was featured as one of Perfectly Coutured + White Coat Wardrobe's Three-Fer Thursday picks of the week! :)

Perfectly Coutured

18 comments

  1. Nathy, you look like a princess in this outfit! I'd describe this look as gorgeous, lovely, and PERFECT. Hahaha... :) It really is. Fits you like a dream! Even the color is perfect.

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I wish I had more time to do more posts...oh well.

    Have a great rest of your night!

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Azu!! You always leave such sweet comments. I really appreciate it. Glad you liked the look and I hope you can get back to blogging regularly soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Nathy you are just gorgeous! You glow in that dress, the color looks perfect on you! And the shoes, necklace and bag are just perfect. I seriously dig that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this dress is absolutely lovely! Love the pink shade on you and that statement necklace with it. You look amazing girl :) Glad that eShakti was a good experience for you!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart the colors on you so much!
    Xox from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress fits you perfectly! But honestly, I wouldn't expect any different from eShakti! They're the best!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress fits you like a glove and is so pretty. Love the color.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress, that shade of pink is so lovely! I love how you styled the dress with those accessories especially the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look stunning! I love the pink dress and of course the shoes , just perfect!
    Check out my eShakti review :)
    have a lovely day beauty!
    xoxo Lara

    http://pepperandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowzers! you definitely have flair in this bright little eye-catching outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this dress is adorable on you! i love your modifications :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is perfect!!! you look gorgeous.

    xoxo, Elena Michelle
    www.anewyorkloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that dress on you! What a pretty color :) I am also a big fan of eshakti! Such high quality dresses and modest style :)

    By the way, I have a new post on the blog. I'd love for you to check it out and hear your thoughts: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is stunning! I love the bright pink colour and the fit and flare shape. The teal accessories you added are perfection!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!! I love your dress XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/03/9-linkupwithlisa-dress-layering.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this dress and you look fantastic! I love the modifications you made to it, smart and perfect for your size and what you wanted to do with it. SO cute!!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so adorable. Love you! follow this link for my tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG you make my penis throb wearing that pretty dress, just jacked off to thiese pics

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)