Feeling Festive on a Tuesday

striped-crew-neck-pullover-sweater-merona
DSC_1054
DSC_1029DSC_1010
DSC_1038DSC_1026
Second Yoga Jeans, Easy Spirit ankle boots, Lucky Brand bagDSC_1053
DSC_1034.

This is what I wore for a day of Christmas shopping and errand-running. I was feeling rather festive, with my peppermint nails and all, so I got a little carried away for a Tuesday and added a bold lip, this sparkly crystal flower necklace that I bought at LOFT over the summer, and all the silver bracelets I could find. 

By the way, back in August I announced that I had landed a dream job straight out of grad school. Sadly, it fell through due to space issues at the employer's office. So I've been job hunting ever since... But, after 4 months, I am happy to announce that *it looks like* (don't wanna jinx it) I found employment. My first day is next Friday. :)

But this job is way business casual and calls for minimal flashiness. So that explains why I got a little carried away on a Tuesday. I wanted to enjoy my last few days of complete outfit freedom, with a peppy mood because I found a job that I think I'll really like and feel good about. Needless to say, I am very excited for this next chapter of my career, even if I'll have to tone down my workwear style.


Sweater: Target
Vest: 80s-90s hand-me-down from mom
Pants: Second Yoga Jeans (won in a giveaway on Falling in Style's old blog)
Boots: Easy Spirit via Macy's (borrowed from mom)
Bag: Lucky Brand via Macy's
Bracelets: TJ Maxx // Benevolent Jewels (here and here)
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Nails: Inspired by pshiiit


SHOP SIMILAR:


Linked up: How I Fall // Style Sessions // Trend Spin Linkup
Three-Fer Thursday // Friday's Fab Favorites