BEAUTY STOCKING STUFFERS
But thoughtful gifts can get expensive. That's why I like to:
- Look for sets and aesthetically pleasing designs. Let's face it, if you have a very limited budget like I do, pretty, unique, or memorable design of appropriate quality can trump good quality. As for sets, they can give you more bang for your buck and allow you to gift higher-quality items (like with makeup or nail polish) at a price that won't break the bank.
- Look for good deals, which can help you up the quality of your gift. Pretty much everything in the jewelry category here is from reputable stores or brands, yet it's all under $25. And even stores like Target, which are already affordable, can have good clearances. Just look at all those cute bags at those prices! Those bags are what started this post.
- Go online. I used to shy away from online shopping for fear of identity theft and credit card fraud, but I'm now more familiar with how to prevent online identity theft (check out this list for some tips). The truth is, your identity can get stolen in any number of ways, and you will find some really great deals online (like all those Target bags which I can't stop talking about) that you just won't find in store.
- Shop in-store, too. No way to know if online deals are better if you have no idea what things are going for in-store.
- Check out blogger gift guides. Seriously, bloggers know what's in style, who's selling it on the cheap, and whether you should splurge on an item or go for a knockoff version.