Beach Formal Wedding in Paradise

beach formal wedding guest outfit

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! ðŸ’•

So I spent my weekend at a therapist friend's destination wedding in Captiva Island, FL. The weather could not have been any more perfect-- there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and it was nice and cool all weekend. All the wedding celebrations took place in the South Seas Island Resort. It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to, and not just because it was in paradise. But paradise it was! Just look below!

Captiva Island sunset wedding_setfreebrandon

This shot above was taken by the wedding photographer (@setfreebrandon on Instagram).

South Seas Island ResortDSC_0809
beach formal wedding guest dress
"beach formal" wedding guest
therapist friends
Some of our master's cohort-- mostly MFTs, two MHC's, and one Ph.D. student.
FL outdoor/beach wedding
DSC_0832
Captiva Island sunsetDSC_0841  DSC_0851
Captiva Island sunset
south seas island resort outdoor wedding tent
DSC_0865  DSC_0870
DSC_0874"beach formal" wedding guest attire

I initially wasn't sure what to wear to this wedding because of the setting and location, but I ended up going with my fuchsia eShakti dress from my most popular blog post to date. I loved that it was bright yet muted enough for a not-quite-spring Florida beach wedding. Since the dress is plain enough to work in a variety of settings, I added some bold statement jewelry and glittery details to get the "beach formal" vibe. The necklace (which I got for $17 a few years ago at LOFT) is a very chunky, heavy, floral/coral looking thing that I like to think a mermaid would totally wear to a wedding. Lol. Plus the shiny bag and shoes!

It was a magical weekend filled with love, friendship, laughter, and all the feels. I had never been to a beach wedding before, and everything came out so damn gorgeous. It all felt like a movie.

P.S. The grainy photo quality in this post drives me nuts but I was more focused on being in the moment than getting the best shots. Don't regret it. I do regret not showing you my little cardigan that I wore later though, when it got cooler. It was the same exact color as my dress and looked like the two pieces came together.

------------ WHAT I WORE ------------

DRESS: c/o eShakti // NECKLACE: LOFT // BAG: vintage // RINGS and BRACELET: Nordstrom Rack // HEELS: ModCloth // LIPS: Anastasia liquid lipstick + MAC Rebel on top

------------ SHOP SIMILAR ------------


Linked up: Trend Spin

3 comments

  1. You look fabulous. Really some gorgeous pictures. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. WebHarvy Crack is an intelligent web scraping software that can automatically extract data from web pages and save the extracted content in various formats.
    Tonal Balance Control Crack
    Windows-10-Activator Key
    GTA 5 Crack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)