Favorites from 2012


The first half of 2012 treated me wonderfully. For example, I was involved in very meaningful work at a historically disadvantaged public high school, and I took a fabulous trip to Europe in June (which is what finally pushed me to create Earnestyle). 

And then the second half was not so great. For example, I started graduate school, but it came at a high price (both literally and metaphorically-- I won't bore you with the details). This little blog of mine really grounded me by giving me something to look forward to in my immediate future. And I'm delighted that 136 people have found it interesting enough to follow along.

I'm not one to make resolutions, but in the spirit of that shiny, brand-new feeling that comes with each new year, I've made it my mission to make 2013 a year to look back on with a smile on my face. 

So, back to the original purpose of this post: These are some of my favorite looks from 2012 my six months of blogging, in no particular order. I hope you'll tell me which ones you like most!

Happy new year, everyone! I hope 2013 treats you kindly, and that you'll actively work to make it a year to remember.

27 comments

  1. So i just found your blog! And i'm glad i found it when i did--looking at the best of your year, and WOW are they good! I can't wait to see what you've got in store for 2013. Haha, I'm gonna be around here more often! I'm your newest GFC follower <3
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Enter my Fifth and Orient giveaway and check back everyday this week for ANOTHER new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I was already your follower. ;)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore your colourful wardrobe! I've only just found your blog but the six months of blogging for you seem to have been really successful :) and now you have another follower to add to your 136.
    Http://sarablahblah.blogspot.com. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovellyyy outfits :)
    Do check out my blog and lemme know if u wanna follow each other:)
    www.fashionstirred.com
    Hugs from India
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks likyou had a wonderful year! Adorable looks, nice styling; great work!
    Wish you a 2013 full of happiness and joy...
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and I love seeing your past colorful outfits. :) Here's to hoping 2013 will be rockin'!

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely wrap up of outfits! Hope you have a happy new year and a great 2013 :)

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how bold you are with colors! I wish I could be as brave as you. I hope 2013 will be better for you. :D

    xx
    http://garfunkelatmidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are too kind! I hope 2013 will be a great year for you too, and that you'll experiment with lots of colors. :)

      Delete
  8. What an awesome and stylish year for you! Love all the colors :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your style.How about following each other? If yes, please let me know. Have a nice day!


    http://mastylee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. great round up! =D
    Happy 2013!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful roundup! I'm sorry to hear that the second half of the year wasn't great for you, but I'm glad this blog helped! Hope 2014 is even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope so too. Thanks, Elana! I wish the same for you. :)

      Delete
  12. All these looks are fabulous!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome looks! Love the constant change in your style...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! I just nominated you for the Liebster award because I enjoyed reading your blog. Check the details about the award on my blog :) www.queenlytan.blogspot.com
    By the way, I love all the looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhhhhhh! You are adorable!

    xo
    Taylor

    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nat! Did you hear back from the company about the giveaway??

    xo!

    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not!! I keep checking my inbox and spam. Nothing yet. :(

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)