"Curvifying" Striped Dress

DSC_0484...
I got this dress on final sale last year at Francesca's. The slanted stripes on the lower half are particularly figure-flattering, helping to define the waist and "curvify" the lower body (great word I just invented). 
However, I regretted purchasing it as soon as I got home, because it's a little tighter than what I normally feel comfortable wearing and it came with a rather cheap-looking ribbon to tie across the waist too (although that's easily replaceable). I hadn't worn it until last week, when I realized I could divert attention away from the tight fit by adding a chambray shirt and tying it up in a cute little fashion. I am happy with the results and I no longer regret this $22 purchase.
DSC_0507.
DSC_0511.
DSC_0512.
DSC_0523.

Fun fact: As the camera was about to take this shot, a BEE decided to check out my lens for what seemed like an eternity. I am terrified of bees, and insects in general (I don't even like butterflies... Remember Spongebob's butterfly Wormy? Scary creatures, I tell you). I always sprint in the opposite direction of bees but since the camera was 2 seconds away from taking the picture I stayed put. I was also hoping that the bee would come out in the picture so I could show you. Hence my scared/also excited face.


What's the weirdest thing that's happened to you while taking a picture? My bee story is not my funniest, or my scariest, but it sure seemed to be both in that instant!


Dress: Francesca's Collections (similar)
Shirt: jcp (similarsimilar)
Bag: DIY (gifted)
Heels: DSW (Jellypop Chriselle Sandal from last spring; similar height)
Bracelets: Pandora and Lucky Brand
Necklaces: Lucky Brand
Watch: Fossil

16 comments

  1. I love the striped dress with the denim tied over top, definitely trying this!
    I hope you're having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the beauty of blogging. It really hadn't occurred to me until I saw other bloggers do it (can't remember which ones). Glad I could contribute to the spreading of this trick!

      Delete
  2. hola linda,love the shoes ;) nice look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your light chambray to, so cute!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I wear it all the time. Like, all the time. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Hi honey!! I've just found your blog and I love it!!
    This post is so original and fresh, i like it very much :) Lovely photos and style
    I would like to know your opinion about my new post at;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great girlie, love the stripes and chambray combo.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Chambray Shirt and its light perfect for Spring and Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Super cool to find a cool Miami blogger like you too :> Super cute outfit, :) it's very comfy but a little funky too with the accessories and heels

    keep in touch! :>

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anais! I was definitely going for some funkiness here. :)

      Delete
  8. Love this outfit. It's so summery and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this dress...t's so nice!!!
    Pass to my blog, I will be so glad :D
    Kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  10. great pictures! love those amazing heels!!!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The idea of pairing of a very classy dress and a chambray polo is contrasting but I love how they end up looking good together! Your shoes are a big bonus too! I love your outfit.

    http://thesparklingspell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress! Cute styling with the tied shirt :) Great look.

    http://loveormoneyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)