Like a Mermaid

IMG_1593
I felt like a mermaid in this photo shoot. It was partly the skirt-- it's like The Little Mermaid's tail! Then there were the loose curls and, of course, this beautiful chunky statement necklace straight out of her cavern of junk treasures. 

(Yes, she's my favorite Disney princess.)

Mermaid skirt and curls
IMG_1152IMG_1178
IMG_1195IMG_1120IMG_1230IMG_1598IMG_1209 Face and Mani closeup

These fantastically colorful mermaid pictures were taken by Janisel Rosenthal, who went to my tiny K-12 Catholic school for just one year but we kept in touch over the years and finally got a shoot done together! I find her style very real, very exposed, and super playful with color. Captures portraits and moments in time so beautifully. She had this to say about me: 
"It was great that she was comfortable in front of the camera and had a lot of ideas in mind. Creative people = awesomeness!"
Why, thanks Janisel! Glad you liked working with me as much as I liked working with you. :) 
Check out Janisel's website here and her Facebook page here, and let her know I sent you over there!

Top: TJ Maxx
Skirt: ModCloth
Envelop clutch: Urban Outfitters
Heels: ModCloth
Necklace: TJ Maxx
Arm party: Guess? watch | Benevolent Jewels | LOFT | vintage | J. Crew


View another look with the same skirt here: