Watermelons!

I got watermelons on my bottom!

American Apparel Watermelon Swim || South Beach

This is a high waisted watermelon bottom-- so I was somewhat hesitant to wear it out in public, let alone take pictures with it. But the minute I saw this stunning retro number on KTR Style I knew I had to get it. And I am totally in love with it!

high waisted shorts at the beach
American Apparel Watermelon Swimwhimsical retro high waisted bathing suitretro swimsuit details

DSC_0165
Boyfriend photographer
Thankfully my captain was able to accompany me on this quick beach day before my class and before his charter. So I didn't need my tripod.
DSC_0198..
American Apparel watermelon bathing suit


Bonus points for me: Channel 10 happened to be in the first area we were in, interviewing people on the recent controversy over South Pointe's off-leash area for dogs. Nestor had to take a phone call and left me staring at the water for a while, so the journalist came over to me and asked if I would mind sharing my thoughts for the camera. Thinking back now I could've said more, but it happened so quickly I was caught off guard!

At the end, camera guy said, "Oh, she loved your bathing suit." To which she replied, "Yeah, I love that it's high waisted. I haven't seen those anywhere." Camera guy jumps back in, "She said it was very retro, very 50's style. Very nice." Made me •‿•.  So I told her to check out American Apparel because they had a ton, including solid color ones. Then I completely forgot about it and didn't tell anyone or watch the news myself, so I have no idea if I came out or not. Haha.

Linked up with:
I Feel Pretty
What I Wore Wednesday
Three-fer Thursday
Favorite Fashion Friday


Blouse: Urban Outfitters (similar)
Shorts: Forever 21(similar)
Top: VS Swim (similar)
Bottom: American Apparel
Bandana: Modcloth
Bag: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Steve Madden via TJ Maxx (similar)