Colorful Baby Shower


What do you wear to a baby shower? If you ask me, it's important to look at the mom's (and dad's) venue, theme, and culture. I went to a baby shower two Sundays ago looking a little like a fancy tropical bird. Here's why.

- This is baby # 1 for the couple; it's a big deal and everyone will dress up for it.
- There was a jungle theme, so my colors were totally appropriate.
- The baby shower was in a relatively large banquet hall. If you're Cuban you don't go to a banquet hall dressed down, ever.
- Tons of distant family members and family friends that I won't see for years to come would be in attendance. 
- This one's a values one: I'm not into the "pink is for girls and blue is for boys" approach, especially if it's in pastels. Babies can't even see pastels when they're born. They can see black, white, gray, red, but definitely not soft pastels. So I did not want to wear stereotypical colors to this. Therefore, I wore every color. Rebellion through fashion! Haha.

DSC_0076
I do this french braid/bun thing when I don't have time to dry my hair. It makes an interesting bun and it the hair dries quite nicely.
DSC_0048
Baby Shower collage
DSC_0046Zigi Soho Pumps_LOFT bright floral skirt
DSC_0053Zara box messenger bag

So there you have it. Wear every color to baby showers and you will please everyone: The gender neutral people, the pastel pink and blue people, and everyone in between.

P.S. This eBay seller was selling this Zara bag using one of my pictures as the cover photo, without having asked my permission or including a link back here. That's not the bad part; kinda flattering, actually. The bad part is that Zara sold it for $50 and they're selling it for $79.99! Oh, and Zara has the green version going for $19.99 right now.

Linked up:


Top: American Rag via Macy's (old)
Skirt: LOFT
Heels: Jellypop via DSW (old)
Watch: Guess
Bracelet: Jewelmint 
Earrings: Charlotte Russe


Here's another look with this skirt!