Touring the Biltmore Estate

Here I am at the beautiful Biltmore Estate last month, feelin' all Sarah KJP in this cozy, preppy fall attire that I would wear all. the. time. if we had fall in Miami.

Earnestyle: Touring the Biltmore Estate
The Biltmore mansion
Biltmore Mansion gargoyles and architectural details Biltmore mansion front detail
Biltmore mansion entrance

I'm told that Asheville, NC was a quiet mountain town before George Vanderbilt bought all this acreage and built this exquisite mansion on it, complete with the nation's first planned forestry projects, beautiful gardens, arboretums, and a dairy farm village. The mansion and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. Everywhere you look is a pretty picture waiting to be taken.

preppy fall outfit | plaid blanket scarf | floppy wool felt hatTarget oversized multicolor fall blanket scarfDSC_0398cozy preppy fall outfit | Target oversized plaid scarf multicolored | Candles and Confetti bangles
Biltmore Estate views
Biltmore Estate view from balconyside viewFall in the Biltmore Estate
fall 2014 outfitBiltmore Estate fall gardening
Biltmore Estate fall flowersBiltmore Estate gardenBiltmore Estate fall gardenView from front of the Biltmore mansion
The Biltmore mansion
Oh, to have been a fly on those walls.
fall foliage on the Biltmore Estateenzo angiolini over the knee boots - Holdyn | Merona Solid Fedora Hat - Brown

This was my favorite outfit of the whole trip. It combines three of the trendiest, must-have pieces this fall: a wool felt hat, plaid blanket scarf, and over-the-knee boots. I only splurged on the boot, because these brown Enzo Angiolini over-the-knee boots are to die for. They're so amazing that I bought them (during a 3-day sale at Nordstrom, yay!) even though chances are I'll only wear them on trips elsewhere. I balanced that splurge with the scarf and hat, which are both from Target and only cost $16.99! They're absolutely killing it with their fall stuff this year.

Fall 2014 outfit

Sweater: Anthropologie
Pants: LOFT (here on eBay)
Jacket: Macy's
Backpack: DSW
Blanket scarf: Target
Hat: Target
Bangles: c/o Candles and Confetti

10 comments

  1. Great look! awesome pics!
    love your scarf!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the place is so nice! i want the same bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! And of course, awesome scarf :) -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfits, and super jealous of all your recent trips, but I'll bookmark the posts so I have some ideas as where to go on vacation that is close enough.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalia! I started a Pinterest board keeping track of places I'd like to visit and outfits I'd like to wear in them! It's a great way of getting it all organized because there's so much inspiration out there. Glad to hear I inspired you! :)

      Delete
  5. amazing pics...and lovely outfit..
    i'm a new follower on bloglovin,follow me back if you want
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning property, and adorable fall look - love the hat and plaid scarf!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these pictures, you look so chic! :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Biltmore - my family and I went on a tour there when I was in high school. Your pictures of the estate are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, this information is really important. Here you can get info about using Highster Mobile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)