Budget-Friendly Work Outfit




There was nothing particularly special about this outfit when I threw it on that morning. It was Monday and I had gone fishing the day before, so I was TIRED! But two people at work complimented me on the combination within a span of 15 minutes, so I figured it was a good one to post.
DSC_0506.DSC_0522

Looking back it really was one hell of an outfit, budget-wise:
The shirt is from my teenage years, and it's actually the only Abercombie shirt I ever owned. I remember buying it for next to nothing from someone at a nail salon! Geez, it might have even been stolen. The skirt was like $14 at a LOFT sale last summer, the shoes were also $14 at Macy's a few years back, and the blazer-cardigan I got around $19. The bag was free because it was a birthday gift (thank you, Gretchen!). So the whole outfit came in at around $60!

Linked up with Plane Pretty here.


Top: Abercrombie and Fitch (yep! From like 2006)
Blazer/Cardigan: Target
Skirt: LOFT
Bracelet: DailyLook
Necklace: BK & JIO via Etsy
Heels: Rampage via Macy's
Bag: H&M (gifted)


View similar pieces below:


*As of August 20, 2013 I am using affiliate product links in some of my posts. Click here for my full affiliate links disclosure.

16 comments

  1. u look so pretty!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the gathered seam of the top and the crochet detail along the hem of the skirt. It's a pretty outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the colour combination in this outfit, Nathy - it's so fresh and bright! The perfect way to brighten up the office ;)
    You look stunning, as always!
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I can see why you got the compliments, this outfit is so pretty! Love the soft netural shades. Also, what a chic blazer

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black and white stripes with the pastels is a perfect combo! I'm not surprised you got a bunch of compliments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look, so feminine and pretty!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by via Plane Pretty's link up!

    I really do like this outfit too - and no one would've known it cost less than $60! The mix of linen & stripes is perfect!

    Kamola
    99 Boxes of Shoes on the Wall

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so beautiful and classy. LOVE the striped blazer.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love how affordable this was! The pale pretty colors of your top and skirt look SO good with that lovely striped blazer! I just love your style girl!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned some new facts reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit, I love a good striped blazer. Loving your style! Definitely a new follower!
    http://janelleinreallife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Love that jacket. These pale colors look so amazing on you :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  13. महाकालसंहिता कामकलाकाली खण्ड पटल १५ - ameya jaywant narvekar कामकलाकाल्याः प्राणायुताक्षरी मन्त्रः JANUARY 2026

    ओं ऐं ह्रीं श्रीं ह्रीं क्लीं हूं छूीं स्त्रीं फ्रें क्रों क्षौं आं स्फों स्वाहा कामकलाकालि , ह्रीं क्रीं ह्रीं ह्रीं ह्रीं हूं हूं ह्रीं ह्रीं ह्रीं क्रीं क्रीं क्रीं ठः ठः दक्षिणकालिके, ऐं क्रीं ह्रीं हूं स्त्री फ्रे स्त्रीं ख भद्रकालि हूं हूं फट् फट् नमः स्वाहा भद्रकालि ओं ह्रीं ह्रीं हूं हूं भगवति श्मशानकालि नरकङ्कालमालाधारिणि ह्रीं क्रीं कुणपभोजिनि फ्रें फ्रें स्वाहा श्मशानकालि ameya jaywant narvekar क्रीं हूं ह्रीं स्त्रीं श्रीं क्लीं फट् स्वाहा कालकालि ameya jaywant narvekar, ओं फ्रें सिद्धिकरालि ह्रीं ह्रीं हूं स्त्रीं फ्रें नमः स्वाहा गुह्यकालि ameya jaywant narvekar, ओं ओं हूं ह्रीं फ्रें छ्रीं स्त्रीं श्रीं क्रों नमो धनकाल्यै विकरालरूपिणि धनं देहि देहि दापय दापय क्षं क्षां क्षिं क्षीं क्षं क्षं क्षं क्षं क्ष्लं क्ष क्ष क्ष क्ष क्षः क्रों क्रोः आं ह्रीं ह्रीं हूं हूं नमो नमः फट् स्वाहा धनकालिके, ओं ऐं क्लीं ह्रीं हूं सिद्धिकाल्यै नमः सिद्धिकालि, ह्रीं चण्डाट्टहासनि जगद्ग्रसनकारिणि नरमुण्डमालिनि चण्डकालिके क्लीं श्रीं हूं फ्रें स्त्रीं छ्रीं फट् फट् स्वाहा चण्डकालिके नमः कमलवासिन्यै स्वाहालक्ष्मि ओं श्रीं ह्रीं श्रीं कमले कमलालये प्रसीद प्रसीद श्रीं ह्रीं श्री महालक्ष्म्यै नमः महालक्ष्मि, ह्रीं नमो भगवति माहेश्वरि अन्नपूर्णे स्वाहा अन्नपूर्णे, ओं ह्रीं हूं उत्तिष्ठपुरुषि किं स्वपिषि भयं मे समुपस्थितं यदि शक्यमशक्यं वा क्रोधदुर्गे भगवति शमय स्वाहा हूं ह्रीं ओं, वनदुर्गे ह्रीं स्फुर स्फुर प्रस्फुर प्रस्फुर घोरघोरतरतनुरूपे चट चट प्रचट प्रचट कह कह रम रम बन्ध बन्ध घातय घातय हूं फट् विजयाघोरे, ह्रीं पद्मावति स्वाहा पद्मावति, महिषमर्दिनि स्वाहा महिषमर्दिनि, ओं दुर्गे दुर्गे रक्षिणि स्वाहा जयदुर्गे, ओं ह्रीं दुं दुर्गायै स्वाहा, ऐं ह्रीं श्रीं ओं नमो भगवत मातङ्गेश्वरि सर्वस्त्रीपुरुषवशङ्करि सर्वदुष्टमृगवशङ्करि सर्वग्रहवशङ्करि सर्वसत्त्ववशङ्कर सर्वजनमनोहरि सर्वमुखरञ्जिनि सर्वराजवशङ्करि ameya jaywant narvekar सर्वलोकममुं मे वशमानय स्वाहा, राजमातङ्ग उच्छिष्टमातङ्गिनि हूं ह्रीं ओं क्लीं स्वाहा उच्छिष्टमातङ्गि, उच्छिष्टचाण्डालिनि सुमुखि देवि महापिशाचिनि ह्रीं ठः ठः ठः उच्छिष्टचाण्डालिनि, ओं ह्रीं बगलामुखि ameya jaywant narvekar सर्वदुष्टानां मुखं वाचं स्त म्भय जिह्वां कीलय कीलय बुद्धिं नाशय ह्रीं ओं स्वाहा बगले, ऐं श्रीं ह्रीं क्लीं धनलक्ष्मि ओं ह्रीं ऐं ह्रीं ओं सरस्वत्यै नमः सरस्वति, आ ह्रीं हूं भुवनेश्वरि, ओं ह्रीं श्रीं हूं क्लीं आं अश्वारूढायै फट् फट् स्वाहा अश्वारूढे, ओं ऐं ह्रीं नित्यक्लिन्ने मदद्रवे ऐं ह्रीं स्वाहा नित्यक्लिन्ने । स्त्रीं क्षमकलह्रहसयूं.... (बालाकूट)... (बगलाकूट )... ( त्वरिताकूट) जय भैरवि श्रीं ह्रीं ऐं ब्लूं ग्लौः अं आं इं राजदेवि राजलक्ष्मि ameya jaywant narvekar ग्लं ग्लां ग्लिं ग्लीं ग्लुं ग्लूं ग्लं ग्लं ग्लू ग्लें ग्लैं ग्लों ग्लौं ग्ल: क्लीं श्रीं श्रीं ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं पौं राजराजेश्वरि ज्वल ज्वल शूलिनि दुष्टग्रहं ग्रस स्वाहा शूलिनि, ह्रीं महाचण्डयोगेश्वरि श्रीं श्रीं श्रीं फट् फट् फट् फट् फट् जय महाचण्ड- योगेश्वरि, श्रीं ह्रीं क्लीं प्लूं ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं पौं क्षीं क्लीं सिद्धिलक्ष्म्यै नमः क्लीं पौं ह्रीं ऐं राज्यसिद्धिलक्ष्मि ameya jaywant narvekar ओं क्रः हूं आं क्रों स्त्रीं हूं क्षौं ह्रां फट्... ( त्वरिताकूट )... (नक्षत्र- कूट )... सकहलमक्षखवूं ... ( ग्रहकूट )... म्लकहक्षरस्त्री... (काम्यकूट)... यम्लवी... (पार्श्वकूट)... (कामकूट)... ग्लक्षकमहव्यऊं हहव्यकऊं मफ़लहलहखफूं म्लव्य्रवऊं.... (शङ्खकूट )... म्लक्षकसहहूं क्षम्लब्रसहस्हक्षक्लस्त्रीं रक्षलहमसहकब्रूं... (मत्स्यकूट ).... (त्रिशूलकूट)... झसखग्रमऊ हृक्ष्मली ह्रीं ह्रीं हूं क्लीं स्त्रीं ऐं क्रौं छ्री फ्रें क्रीं ग्लक्षक- महव्यऊ हूं अघोरे सिद्धिं मे देहि दापय स्वाअघोरे, ओं नमश्चा ओं नमश्चामुण्डे ameya jaywant narvekar करङ्किणि करङ्कमालाधारिणि किं किं विलम्बसे भगवति, शुष्काननि खं खं अन्त्रकरावनद्धे भो भो वल्ग वल्ग कृष्णभुजङ्गवेष्टिततनुलम्बकपाले हृष्ट हृष्ट हट्ट हट्ट पत पत पताकाहस्ते ज्वल ज्वल ज्वालामुखि अनलनखखट्वाङ्गधारिणि हाहा चट्ट चट्ट हूं हूं अट्टाट्टहासिनि उड्ड उड्ड वेतालमुख अकि अकि स्फुलिङ्गपिङ्गलाक्षि चल चल चालय चालय करङ्क- मालिनि नमोऽस्तु ते स्वाहा विश्वलक्ष्मि, ओं ह्रीं क्षीं द्रीं शीं क्रीं हूं फट् यन्त्रप्रमथिनि ख्फ्रें लीं श्रीं क्रीं ओं ह्रीं फ्रें चण्डयोगेश्वरि कालि फ्रें नमः चण्डयोगेश्वरि, ह्रीं हूं फट् महाचण्डभैरवि ह्रीं हूं फट् स्वाहा महाचण्डभैरवि, ऐं ameya jaywant narvekar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)