A Day in Captiva and Fort Myers


February Captiva and Fort Myers

Hello after another unintentional hiatus! I've been busy with work and studying for the NCMHCE, but here I am today with a blog post from a gorgeous February day in Captiva and Fort Myers. 

winter/spring beachy outfit
DSC_0937
DSC_0915
Captiva Island beach footprints seashellsDSC_0931south seas island resort captiva island beach
FL west coast seashells captiva island
DSC_0957Lexi Jewelry mermaid necklace  "mom shirt" beach outfit
Lexi Jewelry mermaid necklace_seashells
chilly day in Fort MyersFort Myers sunset
winter beach outfit
Lexi Jewelry mermaid necklace
Fort Myers beach sunset




My mermaid necklace is from Lexi Jewelry and I have loved it for years (e.g., here in 2014). At the risk of sounding like a hipster, I loved mermaids before they were cool! I guess they've always been cool, really. But I like to think no one likes mermaids like I do. I even have a whole board dedicated to them on Pinterest, called Mermaid Madness. Anyway, my little mermaid necklace is always a hit and a great conversation piece. Lexi is a local Miami jewelry designer who makes all her pieces by hand. Check her out here. She has some really pretty chokers lately.

The FL west coast has changed so much since I last visited in 2003 (way pricier and more crowded now), but the relaxing vibes are still there, as are the endless number of beautiful seashells. A friend said my first outfit was a "great shelling outfit," which is great because that's actually what I did in it! Then I had to change it. I wore 3 different tops on that day because I did not pack correctly. I was so focused on packing for my friend's magical beach wedding, plus it had been cool in Miami that week so I figured it would be even cooler "up" on the west coast. It was pretty chilly (for Florida standards), but of course it was hot by day and all I had were long sleeves! I didn't even pack a bathing suit! Thankfully I had borrowed the bright yellow shirt from my mom, who stayed in Fort Myers with my dad for a staycation of their own. It is such a mom t-shirt but boy did it come in handy. The sunset pictures are from Fort Myers, and you can see it got FL "chilly" again since I switched into a sweater top. 

------------ WHAT I WORE ------------

SWEATER 1: Free People // SWEATER 2: The Limited (RIP) // PANTS: J. Crew // SCARF: Zara // BAG: Splendid via Macy's // NECKLACE: c/o Lexi Jewelry // SANDALS: J. Crew Factory // SUNGLASSES: &Apparel // Watch: Kate Spade

------------ SHOP SIMILAR ------------

Thanks for reading!

No comments

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)