New Camera!

I'm so happy to announce that these were the first pictures  to be taken with my brand-new Nikon D3000!  
I bought this incredibly user-friendly DSLR on Black Friday. I had previously used this model for my trip to Europe in the summer (e.g., see herehere, or here), but it was my boyfriend's camera, and it was actually stolen one week after I came back. Good thing I didn't lose it over there right?

DSC_0063.

As you can see, not all of these pictures have the same "tint". That's because the UV filter that I thought I had bought on that crazy Black Friday night actually stayed at Best Buy. The cashier did not ring me up for it, and I have no UV filter now.

DSC_0050.
DSC_0020
Aguacate y Mamey
With a comfy sweater :)
DSC_0066


The only drawback to using my D3000 so far is that it draws that much more attention to me while I'm taking pictures! I have to work on the embarrassment thing. But it's kinda hard to do when you have an audience. Like a man sitting in a park bench staring, trying to figure out what in the world these pictures are for. Or the people across the street staring out of their apartment balconies. Or the employees from the hotel next to this little park square. Maybe I should get business cards to make me feel more legitimate, haha.

Are you embarrassed to take pictures for your blog? What do you tell yourself if you are?

Top: The Limited (old)
Sweater: "Glimmer" by JJ Basics via TJ Maxx
Pants: J. Crew
Belt: Target
Heels: Target
Bag: Lady Lux Boutique

20 comments

  1. yay for a new camera! i love the matching belt and shoes :) i am sometimes a little embarrassed but I just tell myself to embrace it, and not take it too seriously. Because being all worked up about it is the best way to ruin your pictures and make you look stiff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a nikon girl through and through :) congrats!!! i must have taken 3,000 pictures alone in my first couple weeks with my new nikon. also, mustard and coral!? perfect combination. nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggey!! :)
      Glad to hear someone else is a Nikon girl. Apparently in the fashion blog community everyone uses Canons!

      Delete
  3. you look adorable hunn! and that belt with your color combo is just perfect :)

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new camera! I'm crazy jealous :) This color combination is amazing, I'm loving the bag too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elana! Glad you liked this look. :)

      Delete
  5. Hehe, so beautiful, my love.

    Have a great day!

    Kisses :*

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! Congrats on the new camera girl! :) Your hair looks great in these pics (and it has been so humid and gross here, major hair points for you!)
    xx

    The Fashionable ESQ

    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks!! I know, I can't wait for it to cool down a little. Any day now, it'll happen. Lol.

      Delete
  7. Nice look! Like your blog!
    Follow you from Spain! :)

    kisses from:
    http://elblogdeamayalavid.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new camera! :) Your blog is absolutely fabulous-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!

    

♥ Elle
    www.thehighfeather.com 
    High Feather Twitter
    High Feather Facebook
    High Feather Bloglovin

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mix of coral and leopard. I got my new camera a few months ago and when people stare or ask questions I just tell them that I'm entering a fashion contest ha ha! people are so nosy lol.
    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a great response! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  10. Amazing color palette Nathy! The leopard printed heels are amazing as well!
    Wish you a happy holiday season; full of joy and love!
    Xox
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)