Fun and Modest

modest and colorful

Bloggers: Ever feel like you've used up every possible title when creating your posts?
When I'm running low on creative juices I sometimes ask my cousins and friends for help naming my outfit posts. I got lots of feedback for this one, including something with the word "prints," A La Boheme, contemporary, and something with the word "perfect." I almost went with Complementary Crazy... because blue and yellow are complementary colors, and leopard on leopard might be a little crazy for some people. Lol... But I didn't think that was so great.


Friday night movies outfit
Modcloth Charter School Cardigan and vintage skirt
Benevolent Jewels bracelet
I paid full price for this fun little clutch bag from Francesca's and the crystal stone bracelet from Benevolent Jewels, but they're both on sale now! I absolutely love this bracelet-- I find myself using it all the time, by day or night. I love that you can wear it with just about any color in your outfit, and with other bracelets too.
complementary colors outfit
navy leopard bag Francesca's Collections
Nobody's PerfectModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Honey
vintage pleated maxi skirt

So in the end I went with something simple, "Fun and Modest." It's what I think of when I look at this outfit. A lot of people equate "modest" with "religious." I sure do, actually. But I'm an atheist who loves modest fashion! Maybe it was my Catholic school upbringing, maybe it's because modest clothing conceals perceived body defects, or maybe it's just because more clothing = more fabric and more ways to make a statement. Of course, I feel comfortable wearing more revealing outfits too (like here or here), but generally I like to cover the boob and butt/thigh area, or if I'm showing one thing I'll hide the other. Here I went for more of a full-on Duggar girl look, with the maxi and the cardigan and all. Though I don't know if they'd go this bright! Maybe Jessa would. Yes, I watch their show. Say what you want about them, but I like many of the outfits they wear! Particularly the maxi/cardigan combos, of course. ;)

P.S. I want to thank everyone who linked up their work outfits in the first ever Work Style Wednesday linkup! Martha and I hope you'll come back each Wednesday and join the linkup! I'll be looking at all of your posts tomorrow night. :)



Tee: J. Crew
Cardigan: ModCloth (comes in so many different colors)
Skirt: 80's vintage via Etsy
Flats: Michael Kors via Nordstrom Rack
Ring set: Nordstrom Rack
Druzy ring: JewelMint
Bracelets: crystal gems, Benevolent Jewels// white bangle, gifted
Sunglasses: Love Shopping Miami
Lipstick: Maybelline in "Untainted Spice"


SHOP SIMILAR:

Linked up: How I Fall

10 comments

  1. This looks is so fun! The yellow and blue look perfect together. I have this "Nobody's Perfect" tee too, so I love the inspiration!

    Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. it happens to me all the time lol, I love that skirt such a cute print.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it's modest, this outfit is so much fun! I love the mix of prints and colors! (And I'm so happy to have come across your blog. You're too cute!)

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been someone who believes balance is important. If you're showing off the legs, then be conscious of showing less cleavage/boob area. I always admire someone who has good style and still remains modest. So I'm digging this outfit! Leopard on leopard works quite well since they're both different sizes. Haha, nice mix of colors as well! So bright and happy :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder ModCloth shared your picture! This is SO ModCloth. It's fun, modest, and WAAAY cute.

    How are you, Nathy? I feel so guilty because I haven't visited my favorite blogs lately. But I'm happy to see that your outfits on here are as fabulous as ever.

    PS. I grew up Catholic too lol. It's funny because everyone I know that went to Catholic school isn't Catholic. I never went but that still didn't stop me from disliking that religion. Sorry, mom! ;)

    XO Azu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you, Azu!! So excited to see you around again! :)
      Yeah, Catholicism... It's not for everyone. Lol.

      Delete
  6. Do you need to get more info about critical essay writing? Here you can read more about it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
I enjoy reading them and checking out your blogs, too. :)